If you are someone who loves to remodel based on current trends, you will likely love the idea of having a frameless glass shower door in your bathroom. People often referred to this type of shower door as a Euro shower door, because before making its appearance in the United States, the frameless glass shower door was first popular in Europe.
While they have been around since 1970, they have recently become more popular thanks to their aesthetic appeal and affordability. If you want to learn more about this type of sleek-looking shower door, here are the answers to five frequently asked questions.
1. What Is a Frameless Shower Door?
Frameless shower doors are exactly what they sound like. Unlike other types of shower doors, they do not contain a frame and they do not run along a track. Frameless shower doors are typically made of clear glass, but they can also be from other types of glass including frosted, patterned, and colored glass.
Frameless shower doors come in a variety of styles, designs, and textures. They are also available in different sizes, from doors that extend all the way up to the ceiling, to ones that sit on a half wall.
2. What Are the Benefits of a Frameless Shower Door?
One of the reasons frameless shower doors have become so popular is that they often make the bathroom seem more spacious while giving it the appearance of a luxurious spa. Besides aesthetic appeal, you have many other benefits of having a frameless shower door.
Some of these benefits include:
- It is completely customizable so that it perfectly suits the needs of the homeowner.
- It improves visibility in the shower by letting in plenty of natural and artificial light.
- It does not collect soap and water, which helps to reduce mold and mildew growth.
- It does not include metal, which means the shower door will not corrode over time.
- It alleviates the need for a shower curtain that requires replacement on a regular basis.
One more benefit of a frameless glass shower door is that it is very easy to clean. This is especially true if you have a water softener. All it takes to clean this kind of shower door is to swipe it with a squeegee following each shower. When the frameless shower door contains a protective coating, it can also keep water spots at bay.
3. How Much Does a Frameless Shower Door Cost?
Frameless shower doors can cost a bit more than traditional doors. This, of course, depends on a variety of factors including style, size, and range of customization.
You will probably be glad to know, however, that even though you will likely spend more money for a frameless shower door, making improvements to your bathroom is one of the best things you can do to increase the value of your home.
More people than ever often prefer a walk-in shower to a bathtub, and when you install a frameless glass shower door, the updated look and functionality can help you get more for your home when you’re ready to sell it.
4. How Safe Are Frameless Glass Shower Doors?
You may have heard about the dangers associated with shattering glass shower doors. Because of this, you may be leery of installing a frameless glass shower door in your bathroom. Shower door glass is tempered for safety reasons so it is stronger and when it breaks it shatters into smaller pieces. Euro doors typically use 3/8” thick glass which is harder to break as well.
In order to improve the safety of glass shower doors even further, professionals have also taken the following precautions:
- Anchoring the door screws into wood behind the tile in order to improve stability
- Ensuring that the hinges match the correct weight of the glass
- Putting rubber padding underneath the hinges so they don’t touch the glass
- Making sure the corners of the glass are sanded on the edges
Due to safety concerns, you should never try to install a frameless glass shower door yourself. This is one job that you should leave to the professionals, especially those who have plenty of experience with glass shower doors.
5. Who Can I Contact About Frameless Shower Doors?
If you live in Colorado Springs, Littleton, or anywhere else in the state, and would like to install a frameless glass shower door, contact Ken Caryl Glass, Inc.
We have helped customers throughout Colorado since 1984 and would love to see how we can help improve the look of your bathroom by installing a new glass shower door. Our glass experts will ensure your glass shower door meets all of your expectations and is fully functional, safe to use, and easy to clean.
Trackback from your site.